MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (MIS)
MIS provides information needed to manage organizations effectively. Management information systems are distinct from regular information systems in that they are used to analyze other information systems applied in operational activities in the organization. An 'MIS' is a planned system of the collecting, processing, storing and disseminating data in the form of information needed to carry out the functions of management.
Objectives of MIS:
- To get information / data in time.
- To get information / data in a proper Proforma.
- To analyse the information.
- To furnish the information to management to take decisions on time.
Role of MIS in decision making:
- Better Information for
- Better Decisions.
- Less Decision Making Efforts.
- Improves Confidence.